My client is an established firm of Chartered Surveyors who provide professional advice and services to a range of clients throughout the UK, and due to their continued success, they are expanding the Building Surveying and Project Management team with a Building Surveyor.
As an MRICS Building Surveyor with experience in professional surveys, contract administration, dilapidations and development, you will help increase the firm’s presence in the Midlands and South.
Within this position you will thrive in an environment with a continuous stream of work whilst working with property clients, other senior professionals and construction contractors. You will also be comfortable in a client-facing role, helping to develop the existing business whilst reporting to the Head of Building Services.
• Project management and contract administration
• Undertaking Building Survey inspections and preparing reports giving advice on costs and procurement
• Preparing specifications and works schedules for, and administering, repair and refurbishment contracts
• Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations and advising clients on breach of repairing obligations
• Project monitoring, contractor liaison and overseeing construction schemes
• Conducting measured surveys and producing site plans and design drawings
• Assessing construction planning documents and liaising with contractors on high risk schemes of works in populated areas
• Making sustainable business links with both external and internal clients and offering a professional and excellent client service at all times.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• MRICS Building Surveyor with recent proven experience,
• A resilient ability to work in an adaptive environment and demonstrate a strong understanding of health and safety awareness and planning principals
• Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills
• The ability to work within a team and on your own initiative
• Full driving licence
• Excellent familiarity with the usual Office software packages (and MS Project)
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
• Be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated
• Excellent time management and general organisational skills
• Well-presented with excellent communication skills
• Basic at £45-50k, Up to £60K OTE
• Car allowance
• 25 days holiday
For more information about this impressive opportunity to become part of such an accomplished Building Surveying team please contact Clare Norman for a completely confidential discussion. 07764 770 429/0151 317 2632